HEAD CHEF | AUSTRALIAN WAR MEMORIAL
The Australian War Memorial combines a shrine, a world-class museum, and an extensive archive. The Memorial's purpose is to commemorate the sacrifice of those Australians who have died in war. Its mission is to assist Australians to remember, interpret and understand the Australian experience of war and its enduring impact on Australian society. The hospitality offerings include a mix of restaurant, café and events.
Be part of something big!
Trippas White Group operates from premium locations such as the Sydney Opera House, Centennial Parklands, Sydney Tower, Royal Botanic Gardens, Australian Institute of Sport, Canberra Grammar School and Singapore Airlines Lounges. We take great care that our services meet the status and expectations of these prominent, iconic landmarks. Working for Trippas White Group not only means experience at one premium venue, but opens endless possibilities to a vast array of food concepts across Australia.
We want you!
We are seeking an experienced, creative Head Chef to join our company and lead a dedicated and passionate kitchen team for this new and exciting venue. You will be delivering exceptional food in the café, as well as events & corporate functions.
This role will report directly to the Venue Manager and will work closely with the Group Executive Chef who oversees the entire group’s food ethos. You will play a vital part in the business planning process, mobilisation as well as designing and creating menus that fit the relaxed style café and nutritional expectations of the players. You will take full ownership of the kitchen, menu and player requirements.
- Have a minimum 2-3 years Head Chef experience - managing and leading a professional kitchen
- Ability to be the face of the kitchen, create signature dishes, use local produce providers
- Extensive experience working in a fast paced multi outlet environment
- The ability to achieve business goals, financial budgets and service standards
- Ability to assist in the design and cost for cafe, dining, special events and canapé menus
- Strong creativity and ability to think outside the box while coaching and developing a team
- Flexible and willing attitude, clear communication and customer service skills
- Exceptional grooming and pride in presentation
- Managing associated kitchen costs including food and wages, recruitment of staff and general administration duties
- Knowledge and passion about fresh local food produce and quality
- Experience in compliance and maintenance of a fully HACCP approved workplace and industry standard & safe work practices.
Please follow the link to apply!!