VENUE MANAGER | AUSTRALIAN WAR MEMORIAL
Australian War Memorial
The Australian War Memorial combines a shrine, a world-class museum, and an extensive archive. The Memorial's purpose is to commemorate the sacrifice of those Australians who have died in war. Its mission is to assist Australians to remember, interpret and understand the Australian experience of war and its enduring impact on Australian society. The hospitality offerings include a mix of restaurant, café and events.
Be part of something big!
Trippas White Group operates from premium locations such as the Sydney Opera House, Centennial Parklands, Sydney Tower, Royal Botanic Gardens, Australian Institute of Sport, Canberra Grammar School and Singapore Airlines Lounges. We take great care that our services meet the status and expectations of these prominent, iconic landmarks. Working for Trippas White Group not only means experience at one premium venue, but opens endless possibilities to a vast array of food concepts across Australia.
We are currently seeking a dynamic, innovative and dedicated Venue Manager to be “the face” of this impressive venue. You will lead a multi-dimensional team to ensure smooth operational workflow of both front and back of house to ensure our customers and clients have an exceptional dining, event experience.
This role requires diligence to ensure the company’s vision is understood and implemented by your team. You will need to be commercially driven, taking the lead in making strategic and progressive decisions to further the business and wider company goals. Your ability to engage with other departmental staff and our external stakeholders is paramount to your success.
We are looking for a manager who comes from a background in a multi-disciplined, innovative hospitality company and thrives on taking the lead to get things done. You excel at dealing with the day to day operations of running a venue, possess a strong understanding of how to work the floor, be creative and passionate about major events and functions and thinking outside the square!
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A minimum 5-7 years’ experience in a managerial role
- Must have extensive skills in managing events, functions and sales
- Passion for providing quality cuisine and exceptional customer service
- Sound knowledge of F&B, including experience in menu and concept design
- Staff Recruitment, management, leadership, kitchen/chefs and casual labour
- Strong ability to manage a P&L, weekly budget, forecasting and COGS
- Ability to increase revenue Y2Y, across restaurant, functions and events
- Strong leadership capabilities, true motivator and a dedicated mentor
- Excellent knowledge of produce and wine and running of a venue
- Excellent communication skills, time management and dedication
- High level of cleanliness and hygiene, immaculate grooming and presentation
Please also follow the link and fill out the questions on our careers page