BAR MANAGER | PORTSIDE |SYDNEY OPERA HOUSE
Oh What a View! Oh What a Bar!
PORTSIDE Sydney is a fantastic Bar & Food concept offering both grab and go options from the inside Theatre Bars for Theatre patrons and those on the move. For those who want to sit back and take in amazing harbour views, the outdoor dining area of Portside offers share plates, local cuisine, bubbles, cocktails & drinks plus a family friendly Dining menu.
We are looking for an experienced Bar Manager who can work autonomously supporting the Operations Manager with four bar operations in the Western Foyers of the Sydney Opera House & the potential for growth in the near future. You will be an experienced Operator who enjoys the thrill of managing high volume bar service with speed, efficiency & style. You will have a love for the hospitality industry, provide outstanding guest experience and be a dedicated professional. You will need to be flexible in your working hours as this role requires mainly nights and weekend shifts.
To ensure your success in this role you MUST have:
- A minimum 3 years' experience In a high volume bar operation – including queue management plus speed of service for pre-show, matinee and post show operations
- Experience in POS systems, stock ordering/ control/ management & a strong focus on bar staff training
- Strong service skills, Cuisine and Wine/Cocktail knowledge along with the ability to implement Bar efficiencies
- Cocktail experience & knowledge of wines/spirits is essential
- Cash handling & admin skillsets
- Previous experience in Performing Arts Centres & Theatres is highly desirable & will get you shortlisted for this role
- Immaculate grooming, pride in presentation & a strong ability to communicate
- Available Tuesdays to Saturdays
Be part of something big!
The Sydney Opera House is part of a leading hospitality company, Trippas White Group, which operates from premium venues such as the Sydney Opera House, Centennial Homestead, Roslyn Packer Theatre, Royal Botanic Gardens, Royal Prince Edward Yacht Club and Singapore Airlines Lounges. We take great care that our services meet the status and expectations of these prominent, iconic landmarks. Working for Trippas White Group not only means experience at one premium venue, but opens endless possibilities to a vast array of food and beverage concepts across Australia.
To apply for this role, please fill out the questions on our careers page.