RESTAURANT MANAGER | PORTSIDE |SYDNEY OPERA HOUSE
Oh What a View! Oh What a Bar!
PORTSIDE Sydney is a fantastic Bar & Food concept offering both grab and go options from the inside Theatre Bars for Theatre patrons and those on the move. For those who want to sit back and take in amazing harbour views, the outdoor dining area of Portside offers share plates, local cuisine, bubbles, cocktails & drinks plus a family friendly Dining menu.
In this unique role you will lead your team on the floor in an upscale dining experience, high end profile dining, supervision of restaurant operations and the general day to day tasks of the venue. You will also be responsible for providing a positive environment among the team.
You will need to be commercially driven, taking the lead in supporting the managers in making strategic and progressive decisions to further the business and wider company goals. Your ability to engage with other departmental staff is paramount to your success.
What we are looking for…!
- Minimum 3 years management experience - managing and leading a professional team within a upscale environment
- You will need strong staff management and leadership, be “Hands On” and a strong team player
- Proven extensive knowledge within Food and Beverage operations – cocktails and bar service
- Able to work under pressure while delivering outstanding customer experiences
- Someone who has strong creativity skills and the ability to think outside the box but can still remain focused under pressure
- Strong ability to achieve business goals, financial budgets and service standards
- Excellence in managing associated restaurant & bar costs including: P&L management, cost control, wages, COG’s and the recruitment of staff and all general administration duties
- Excellent communication skills, self-motivated and results driven while being innovative and ambitious
- You will follow industry trends along with market analysis and strong social awareness
- Immaculate grooming and a good standard personal presentation
- This is a full time position - requires flexible availability, including evenings and weekends
- MUST HAVE A CURRENT RSA CERTIFICATE
If this sounds like your kind of job and company – apply today!