SOUS CHEF| SYDNEY OPERA HOUSE| PORTSIDE
Oh what a view!
PORTSIDE Sydney is a food concept offering both grab and go options from the inside bar, for pre-theatre goers and those on the move, also for those who want to sit back and take in amazing harbour views, an outdoor dining area offering share plates, bubbles, cocktails & drinks, plus a family friendly dining menu.
We want you!
We are looking for our next star Sous Chef to work alongside Head Chef, Daniel Stewart. If you have experience working in fast paced cafés, restaurants, functions and events environments, delivering premium quality, we would love to hear from you. You will be responsible for the service of high quality food and beverages, working across the restaurant, theatre bars, functions and events throughout the year.
To be successful in this role
- Minimum 2+ years Sous Chef experience
- Be flexible and able to work a rotating roster from Monday to Sunday
- True team player, respectful and supportive to staff
- Delivery of high standards in food quality and taste
- Experience in managing food costs, staffing, menu design, ordering and invoicing
- Chef qualifications or trade experience equivalent
- Flexible and willing attitude, clear communication and customer service skills
- Exceptional grooming and pride in presentation
- Ability to mentor, lead and coach other team members
- You will be reliable, dedicated, willing to continue learning and passionate
- Adhere to all HACCAP standards
Who are we?
Portside, Sydney Opera House is part of leading hospitality company, Trippas White Group. We operate from premium locations such as Roslyn Packer Theatre, Sydney Tower, Royal Botanic Gardens, Royal Prince Edward Yacht Club and Singapore Airlines Lounges. We take great care that our services meet the status and expectations of these prominent, iconic landmarks. Working for Trippas White Group not only means experience at one premium venue, it also opens endless possibilities to a vast array of food concepts across Australia.
Then we want to hear from you!
To apply for this role, please fill out the questions in the additional email directed to our careers page.