BAR SUPERVISOR | PORTSIDE | SYDNEY OPERA HOUSE
The Sydney Opera House welcomes millions of visitors from all over the world every year. This world famous landmark on the beautiful Sydney Harbour hosts world-class performances, spectacular events and amazing dining experiences.
Trippas White Group has a proud history of providing boutique and exceptional hospitality services to guests in our iconic venues around Sydney. We are excited to be recruiting for the theatre bars and event spaces in the Sydney Opera House. We are looking for enthusiastic and experienced staff to join our expanding team.
We are looking for experienced Bar Supervisors who can work autonomously supporting the Bar Manager with multiple bar operations in the Sydney Opera House. Modern cocktail bar experience is essential, a keen eye for detail, customer engagement and be up to date with local trends! You will have a love for the hospitality industry, provide outstanding guest experience and be a dedicated professional. This role requires mainly nights and weekend shifts.
To ensure your success in this role you MUST have:
- Minimum 3 years' experience in a high volume bar operation – including queue management plus speed of service for pre-show, matinee and post show operations
- Sales driven person who can understand the requirements of the business, experience with COGS, labour cost control, stocktake procedure
- Strong service skills, cuisine and wine/cocktail knowledge along with the ability to implement Bar efficiencies
- Cash handling & admin skill sets, strong focus on bar staff training
- Able to rotate across a 7 day roster with 2 days off, around 50 hours per week
- Previous experience in Performing Arts Centres & Theatres is highly desirable
- Immaculate grooming, pride in presentation & a strong ability to communicate
- Current RSA is essential
To apply for this role, please fill out the questions on our careers page.