CHIEF STEWARD | SYDNEY OPERA HOUSE
The Sydney Opera House welcomes millions of visitors from all over the world every year. This world famous landmark on the beautiful Sydney Harbour hosts world-class performances, spectacular events and amazing dining experiences.
Trippas White Group has a proud history of providing boutique and exceptional hospitality services to guests in our iconic venues around Sydney. We are excited to be recruiting for the theatre bars and event spaces in the Sydney Opera House.
We are looking for enthusiastic and experienced staff to join our expanding team.
Based at Sydney Opera House, the Chief Steward will be responsible for the efficiency of the Store and Stewarding Departments of the Venue. It is a hands on role which monitors the ordering and receiving of goods and equipment, as well as cleanliness of the venue.This is a full time salary position, starting in June 2018. Must have full working rights to apply for this position.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Drive the optimum efficiency of back of house operations
- Directly oversee execution of stewarding and stores department
- Meet financial budget for cost of goods, labour, expenditures and stocktaking
- Establish targets KPI’s, policies and procedures
- Ensure that venue cleanliness standard exceeds HACCP and food safety regulations
- Oversee and maintain WHS and full understanding of HACCP requirements
- Report to management regarding productivity and best practices
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in management, same position highly regarded
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure
- Ability to spot and resolve problems efficiently
- Ability to manage personnel and meet financial targets
- Willingness to help grow the business by reducing the cost in consultation with the Executive Chef and GM
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Great organizational skills
- Knowledge of Hygiene for Food Handlers, HACCP Principals and the proven ability to follow a Food Safety Plan
- Proven ability to use POS systems, great knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite of products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
To apply for this role, please fill out the questions on our careers page