PRODUCTION SOUS CHEF | SYDNEY OPERA HOUSE
The Sydney Opera House welcomes millions of visitors from all over the world every year. This world famous landmark on the beautiful Sydney Harbour hosts world-class performances, spectacular events and amazing dining experiences.
Trippas White Group has a proud history of providing boutique and exceptional hospitality services to guests in our iconic venues around Sydney. We are excited to be recruiting for the new theatre bars and event spaces in the Sydney Opera House. We are committed to providing excellent food and will be partnering with our Ambassador Chef – Karen Martini, who will work closely with our team to develop our dining and events menus. We are looking for skilled and enthusiastic staff to join our expanding team.
We are looking for an experienced Sous Chef to join our company and assist in leading the dedicated and passionate production kitchen team while providing exceptional food in a fast paced high volume environment.
The role will report directly to the head chef and you will play a vital part of the back of house team.
To be successful in this role
- Minimum 2+ years Kitchen Management/Sous Chef experience
- Able to work five days per week across a 7 day roster
- Complete ability to design and cost for corporate inbounds, function, special events menus
- Prepared to work in multi outlets including restaurant service, events and café
- High volume production kitchen experience to support our inbound market
- Experience in managing food costs, staffing, and ordering
- Chef qualifications or trade experience equivalent
- Flexible and willing attitude, clear communication and customer service skills
- Exceptional grooming and pride in presentation
- Ability to mentor, lead and coach other team members
- You will be reliable, dedicated, willing to continue learning and passionate
To apply for this role, please send your resume and fill out the questions on our careers page.