HEAD CHEF - EVENTS & PRODUCTION | SYDNEY OPERA HOUSE
The Sydney Opera House welcomes millions of visitors from all over the world every year. This world famous landmark on the beautiful Sydney Harbour hosts world-class performances, spectacular events and amazing dining experiences.
Trippas White Group has a proud history of providing boutique and exceptional hospitality services to guests in our iconic venues around Sydney. We are excited to be recruiting for the new theatre bars and event spaces in the Sydney Opera House.We are committed to providing excellent food and will be partnering with our Ambassador Chef – Karen Martini, who will work closely with our team to develop our dining and events menus. We are looking for skilled and enthusiastic staff to join our expanding team.
We are looking for an experienced Chef to manage all aspects of event and production operations in a collaborative team. You will operationally support the day to day running of the kitchen brigade preparing for the large scale events hosted in our many event spaces.
If you have experience working in large volume restaurants, functions and events environments, delivering outstanding product, we would love to hear from you. You will be responsible for the service of high quality food working across events as well as managing and developing the kitchen team.
A successful candidate will:
- Have a minimum 2 years’ Head Chef experience – managing and leading a professional kitchen
- Event experience including cocktail, conference and à la carte
- Have the ability to thrive under pressure without compromising on quality
- Have experience managing associated kitchen costs including food and wages, general administration duties, ordering and invoicing
- Be experienced creating great food in large volumes
- Have the ability to mentor, lead and coach other team members
- Be reliable, dedicated and passionate
- Be able to work a rotating roster from Monday to Sunday
- Adhere to all HACCAP standards and company food safety procedures
To apply for this role, please send your resume and fill out the questions on our careers page.