HEAD CHEF | SYDNEY OPERA HOUSE | WESTERN FOYERS, PORTSIDE
The Sydney Opera House welcomes millions of visitors from all over the world every year. This world famous landmark on the beautiful Sydney Harbour hosts world-class performances, spectacular events and amazing dining experiences.
Trippas White Group has a proud history of providing boutique and exceptional hospitality services to guests in our iconic venues around Sydney. We are excited to be recruiting for the new theatre bars and event spaces in the Sydney Opera House.We are committed to providing excellent food and will be partnering with our Ambassador Chef – Karen Martini, who will work closely with our team to develop our dining and events menus. We are looking for skilled and enthusiastic staff to join our expanding team.
We are looking for an experienced Head Chef to manage all aspects of kitchen operations alongside the Venue Manager. You will collaborate with a large team operationally supporting the menus and the day to day running of the kitchen brigade.
If you have experience working in fast paced cafés, restaurants, functions and events environments, delivering premium quality, we would love to hear from you. You will be responsible for the service of high quality food working across the restaurant, theatre bar and functions as well as managing and developing the kitchen team, adhering to food safety standards, food costs and invoicing.
To be successful in this role:
- Have a minimum 3+ years Head Chef experience – Managing and leading a professional kitchen
- Be flexible and able to work a rotating roster from Monday to Sunday
- Be able to deliver high standards of food quality and taste
- Have the ability to achieve business goals, financial budgets and service standards
- Experience managing associated kitchen costs including food and wages, general administration duties, menu design, ordering and invoicing
- Extensive knowledge and passion about fresh local produce and current food trends
- Ability to mentor, lead and coach other team members
- You will be reliable, dedicated and be willing to continue personal development
- Adhere to all HACCAP standards and company food safety procedures
To apply for this role, please send your resume and fill out the questions on our careers page.