LOGISTICS AND EVENT SUPERVISOR | SYDNEY OPERA HOUSE
The Sydney Opera House welcomes millions of visitors from all over the world every year. This world famous landmark on the beautiful Sydney Harbour hosts world-class performances, spectacular events and amazing dining experiences.
Trippas White Group has a proud history of providing boutique and exceptional hospitality services to guests in our iconic venues around Sydney. Join the national leader in hospitality today!
We are looking for an experienced Event Supervisor who is highly motivated and has a strong understanding of restaurants, functions and general operations. You are a professional who can work with little supervision in supporting the Events Manager with daily operations and closing the venue.
Some of the duties and responsibilities include:
- Demonstrate leadership by effectively training, appraising and developing all employees within your team to the company standard
- Ensure staff complete daily scanning/timesheets and that all shift approvals are actioned at the end of each day.
- Oversee coordination of casual team members for event days, including developing team briefings.
- Produce post event internal reports for leadership team outlining the event service, operational issues, challenges, positive and negative feedback.
To ensure your success in this role you will have:
- Minimum 3 years' experience in running functions, restaurant and staff
- Be hands on running the floor and be the face of the venue
- Manage functions from set up, to execution and break down
- Ability to lead a team, be hands on with supervisory skills
- Propose ideas to improve the event execution, service and presentation
- Passion and excellent knowledge of great quality food, beverage and service
- Exceptional customer service and guest relations
- Excellent communication skills, time management and dedication
- Immaculate Grooming and presentation
- Flexible hours – work nights and weekends when required
- RSA certificate
To apply for this role, please fill out the questions on our careers page.