Catering Operations Supervisor
Dining Room & Cafe Supervisor (Full Time)
The Scots College is a client of leading hospitality company Trippas White Group, which operates from premium locations such as the Sydney Opera House, Roslyn Packer Theatre, Sydney Tower, Royal Botanic Gardens, Royal Prince Edward Yacht Club and Singapore Airlines Lounges. We take great care that our services meet the status and expectations of these prominent, iconic landmarks. Working for Trippas White Group not only means experience at one premium venue, but opens endless possibilities to a vast array of food concepts across Australia.
The Scots College in the Eastern Suburbs of Sydney provide an innovative and engaging curriculum through a range of activities both within and beyond the classroom. They have developed a sense of community and ownership within the school and also encourage parents to form a strong partnership. The school offers their students a canteen & café with service 5 days per week from breakfast through to afternoon tea during school terms as well as holding functions and special events throughout the year for the students, parents and supporters.
We are looking for a Catering Operations Supervisor to join the management team. The Catering Operations Supervisor will manage a broad range of tasks and responsibilities ranging from daily service and upkeep of the dining hall, oversee café operation, set up and pack down of small-medium events and assistance with large events. You will be required to work a 5 day roster, predominantly Monday – Friday, however some weekends are involved during term time. We are looking for a person who has had previous experience working within the school/corporate environment with a strong customer service background. This role requires strong leadership, initiative and the ability to meet tight deadlines in a fast paced environment whilst maintaining strong relationships with staff and stakeholders.
Experience, knowledge and qualifications
- Ability to work across a 5 day roster – school term only/pro rata salary
- Previous experience in a canteen, catering or corporate hospitality
- Liaise with Venue Manager and Head Chef regarding event operations, ordering, general admin, training, and trouble shooting
- Responsible for day to day upkeep and operations of the Dining Hall and café - supervising staff, daily temperature checks, preparation for service and opening and closing procedures
- Ensure the correct food handling and hygiene practices are observed to prevent food spoilage and contamination, ensure all staff are familiar with food safety practices
- Adaptable with demonstrated experience in working in a flexible, multi-skilled team environment
- Demonstrated interpersonal, communication and customer service skills
- Immaculate grooming and great communication skills, be a team player, positive and can do attitude
- Drivers Licence
- Valid RSA
- Complete a Working With Children check prior to being employed