Event Coordinator | Sydney Opera House
The Sydney Opera House welcomes millions of visitors from all over the world every year. This world famous landmark on the beautiful Sydney Harbour hosts world-class performances, spectacular events and amazing dining experiences.
We are seeking an experienced and motivated Event Coordinator for The Sydney Opera House. Reporting into the Senior Event Coordinator and Venue Manager, you will be responsible for planning and coordinating events for our respected clients and stakeholders. Events can range from 10 pax VIP dinners through to 1000+ pax AGM’s. This is a fast paced, hands-on role, where you will not only be the face of our business, but also a main point of contact for the coordination and execution of events!
To ensure your success in this role, you will have:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- Excellent client management and relationship development skills
- An operational mindset for event planning, client and supplier management, bump in, event execution, bump out and post event administration
- Strong financial understanding of sales reporting, budgets and forecasting
- Ability to plan, implement and execute sales strategies and business development plans
- High-level industry knowledge and understanding of market trends and competitors
- Passion and excellent knowledge of great quality food, beverage and service
- Excellent communication skills with an outgoing and dynamic personality
- Self-motivation with strong organisational and time management skills
- Respak knowledge, events and sales qualifications will be highly regarded
To apply for this role, please fill out the questions on our careers page and upload your CV.