Chief Steward | Taronga Zoo
Our iconic venue is located in Mosman with panoramic views over the stunning Sydney Harbour and local greenery. To offer a more premium product and experience for our customers, we are looking to expand our kitchen team with a Chief Steward. You will be reporting into the Executive Chef and be responsible for your team of kitchen hands and maintaining the cleanliness of the kitchen spaces.
Who Are We?
Trippas White Group is a leader in the hospitality industry, operating high profile restaurants, cafés and events across Australia. Our prestigious portfolio includes iconic venues in Sydney, Brisbane and Canberra. Working for Trippas White Group opens endless careers possibilities to work across our premium venues.
The Chief Steward will be responsible for the efficiency of the Store and Stewarding Departments of the Venue. It is a hands on role which monitors the ordering and receiving of goods and equipment, as well as cleanliness of the venue. This is a full time salary position, starting ASAP.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Drive the optimum efficiency of back of house operations
- Directly oversee execution of stewarding and stores department
- Meet financial budget for cost of goods, labour, expenditures and stocktaking
- Establish targets KPI’s, policies and procedures
- Ensure that venue cleanliness standard exceeds HACCP and food safety regulations
- Oversee and maintain WHS and full understanding of HACCP requirements
- Report to management regarding productivity and best practices
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in management, same position highly regarded
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure
- Ability to spot and resolve problems efficiently
- Ability to manage personnel and meet financial targets
- Willingness to help grow the business by reducing the cost in consultation with the Executive Chef and GM
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Great organizational skills
- Knowledge of Hygiene for Food Handlers, HACCP Principals and the proven ability to follow a Food Safety Plan
- Proven ability to use POS systems, great knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite of products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
To apply for this role, please fill out the questions on our careers page