Event Sales Manager Weddings & Social Events (Maternity Leave) | Taronga Zoo
Events at Taronga Zoo’s venue spaces have breathtaking views across the Sydney Opera House and the Harbour Bridge making it Sydney’s most sought-after event space. Not to mention the amazing sunset views of the Sydney city’s skyline as a backdrop to your special occasion.
Trippas White Group is a leader in the hospitality industry, managing a portfolio of iconic event venues, restaurants, and bars, across Australia. Our premium venues include Sydney Opera House, Centennial Homestead, Botanic House and Terrace in the Botanic Gardens, Infinity, Bar 83, The Australian War Memorial and Mary Maes Brisbane Powerhouse. With over twenty years of experience, Trippas White have built a reputation for delivering premium quality food and beverage for all styles of events from conferences, product launches and gala dinners to weddings, cocktail parties, and intimate celebrations. At Trippas we employ a team of dedicated and experienced event professionals who deliver exceptional weddings and milestone celebrations for our clients.
We are looking for an experienced Event Sales Manager to sell weddings and special events within the stunning Taronga Zoo Precinct. Kindly note, this is a 7-12 month maternity leave cover with potential permanent opportunity.
This role is fast-paced, and the right candidate will be tasked with maximising and driving sales and grow business profitability both reactively and proactively. Reporting to the Director of Sales and Marketing – Taronga Zoo, this role will suit a driven and enthusiastic sales and events professional looking for a new opportunity with a desire to exceed targets and build success for themselves and the venue.
- 3+ years previous experience in the hospitality, weddings or events industries as an Events Sales Manager or Event Manager/Co-Ordinator
- Responding to inbound event enquiries and taking the client through the process until event confirmation, seamless handover to the event coordination team. Working closely with our events team to bring together the finer details of the client's special day
- The ability to conduct site inspections in a professional manner, manage and respond to wedding, and special event enquiries, prepare proposals and contracts and ultimately converting sales
- Completing sales appointments, proposals, meetings, and follow-up of clients
- Ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction and relationship building
- Attendance at occasional trade shows and wedding showcases
- Strong financial understanding of sales reporting, budgets and forecasting, and a proven success in meeting sales targets in new and existing business
- Attend and actively participate in sales team meetings.
- Possess strong communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent client management and relationship development skills.
- High-level industry knowledge and understanding of market trends and competitors.
- Be self-motivated with strong organisational and time management skills.
Must be able to legally work full-time in Australia.