Event Planning Manager (Maternity Leave) | Taronga Zoo
Events at Taronga Zoo’s venue spaces have breathtaking views across the Sydney Opera House and the Harbour Bridge making it Sydney’s most sought-after event space. Not to mention the amazing sunset views of the Sydney city’s skyline as a backdrop to your special occasion.
Trippas White Group is a leader in the hospitality industry, managing a portfolio of iconic event venues, restaurants, and bars, across Australia. Our premium venues include Sydney Opera House, Centennial Homestead, Botanic House and Terrace in the Botanic Gardens, Infinity, Bar 83, The Australian War Memorial and Mary Maes Brisbane Powerhouse. With over twenty years of experience, Trippas White have built a reputation for delivering premium quality food and beverage for all styles of events from conferences, product launches and gala dinners to weddings, cocktail parties, and intimate celebrations. At Trippas we employ a team of dedicated and experienced event professionals who deliver exceptional weddings and milestone celebrations for our clients.
We are seeking an experienced and motivated Event Planning Manager for the stunning Taronga Zoo precinct. Kindly note, this is a 7-12 month maternity leave cover with potential permanent opportunity.
Reporting to the Director of Sales and Marketing – Taronga Zoo, you will be responsible for the coordination and planning process of corporate and social events within the multi-venue operation of Taronga Zoo, ensuring that all events are coordinated and delivered in a professional, courteous and efficient manner. The role is responsible for developing strong, reliable, and professional relationships with all clients, internal and external stakeholders, and for the handover of event run sheets to the respective Operations teams by means of participation in weekly meetings.
To ensure your success in this role, you will have:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- Excellent client management and relationship development skills
- An operational mindset for event planning, client and supplier management, bump in, event execution, bump out and post event administration
- Strong financial understanding of sales reporting, budgets and forecasting
- High-level industry knowledge and understanding of market trends and competitors
- Passion and excellent knowledge of great quality food, beverage and service
- Excellent communication skills with an outgoing and dynamic personality
- Self-motivation with strong organisational and time management skills
- Events and sales qualifications will be highly regarded
To apply for this role, please fill out the questions on our careers page and upload your CV.